- Download 588
- File Size 319 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 3, 2022
- Last Updated June 6, 2022
Post Director Technical Services
NOTICE NO: 46/2022
The Joe Gqabi District Municipality is a Category 4 Municipality, with its seat in Barkly East and covers the area of Walter Sisulu (Burgersdorp, Steynsburg and Venterstad, Maletswai and James Calata), Senqu (Lady Grey, Sterkspruit, Barkly East, Rhodes and Rossouw) and Elundini (Ugie, Nqanqarhu, Mount Fletcher and the rural part of Tsolo and Qumbu).
DIRECTOR: TECHNICAL SERVICES
(FIVE YEAR FIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT)
The Joe Gqabi District Municipality hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the above-mentioned position which will be based in Barkly East. Appointment will be made in terms of section 56 of the Municipal Systems Act 32 of 2000. Appointment is subject to compliance with the minimum prescribed higher educational qualification, experience and attainment of demonstrated evidence of competent, advanced or superior competency level as measured against the competency requirements for senior managers as set out in the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers.
- South African Citizenship and permanent residency within the Republic of South Africa is an essential requirement.
- A relevant Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering / B.Tech: Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- A postgraduate qualification in the above-mentioned fields will serve as an added advantage.
- A minimum relevant experience at middle management level, or as a programme/project manager.
- 3-4 years must be at professional management level engineering management experience. Proven successful strategic management experience is essential.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policies and legislation. Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance and performance management systems.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the public office environment.
- Must be able to formulate engineering master planning, project management and implementation.
- Understanding of council operations and delegation of powers.
- Ability to display and implement the core competencies as stipulated in the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers.
- Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations, the Preferential Procurement
- Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No 5 of 2000) and related legislation.
- Registration with a relevant professional body and a Certificate of Competency as required in terms of the General Machinery Regulations will serve as an added advantage.